Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Fun!





It  has been a very strange summer in northern Michigan. We have only had a couple days reach the 80-degree mark, but we must plug along! I have been doing a lot of instruction of late and love every minute of it. I worked with two friends from Ann Arbor last week who had never fly fished before and were looking to expand there repertoire. After some instruction on the lawn we moved to the boat and finished with a half-day float. Each fellow was able to release some beautiful brook trout. It was a great time for all! We were fishing with blue winged olives and patroits.

I have been spending a lot of time with some special young people who I have taken on as my protege's. We have been working on basic fishing and fly tying skills. They are moving along at a great pace and will be ready to hit the stream soon.
Tight Lines Capt. Dave
 

No comments:

Post a Comment